Monday, February 1, 2010

So Exciting!

My first blog ever. I consider myself a "techie", yet I've resisted specific social network-ish movements throughout the past few years, blogging being one of them. Why now?...I feel I have information to share. I feel inspired by life. I hear the voices, I read the signs, the time is now.

So what's this blog site about? Raw food. Health. Those are statements. Yes, plain and simple statements but in depth, they're complicated. I'm inspired to spread the message in a way that people will "get it". I can't change people's minds, only they can do that on their own. I can only lead them to the water per se.

A little about me
I have the most beautiful soon to be wife anyone could ever have, Kelli :). She pushes me because she believes in me. She inspires me. Every day I wake up, I want to be a better man than I was the day before, all for her. If it weren't for her and God, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I grew up in a city called Waterbury located in the beautiful state of Connecticut. I graduated college in 2003 from the University of New Haven with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Mathematics. In 2005 I followed a dream. The dream that began in 1998 eventually led me to Los Angeles, California. When something is in your head and you can't get it out of your mind....when you just know its right...you'd do anything for it.....well that's how I felt about moving to California. I searched and searched and searched for a job here. Years went by before I got my chance. The day of my interview was also the first day I had ever visited California. I felt at home. Three weeks later my car was packed and I was driving cross country with my college buddy Jeff.

I grew up as an athletic child and was fairly health conscious before moving to California. It was only fitting that I continued my exercising in sunny SoCal! That's where I began running with a colleague, now my best friend, Dave. We've ran over a dozen 1/2 Marathon races together. He's done a few marathons in which I've chickened out on.

I was always looking for ways to improve my health and that lead to my raw food journey. Being aware of my body's needs, a couple of months into dating Kelli, she wanted to do a cleanse. I was all for it! If it were a Draft, I'd be the first in line! During our 10-Day Master Cleanse, she mentioned that if we were cleansing our bodies, it only makes sense to replace it with raw organic foods. You know that look on your face when you bite into a lemon?...yea well...that was me. I thought this cleansing thing had taken a chunk out of her cerebral cortex, buuuuuut, since I'd do anything for her, I had to support her. We were/are a team. Plus it made sense. I'm wired like an engineer. It was sound and logical. A week later after attempting recipes, I knew this was it! This was what I wanted to do. I loved the creativity of converting a cooked recipe to a raw version while capturing all of the health benefits! The dream began. It's not easy leaving an engineering job to pursuit a career in raw food culinary arts but it was all I could think of. Sixteen months went by before I got my chance.

I graduated from the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute (www.rawfoodchef.com) as an Associate Chef and Instructor.

So the journey begins, one blog, one recipe, one life at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! How inspiring, can't wait to see what you and Dara do in LA! Keep writing, and give up meat and dairy all together, it makes sense you engineer you!

    ReplyDelete